Prince Harry was the target of Camp Bastion attack by Taliban
Britain's Prince Harry was the target of a Taliban attack on a military base in the Afghanistan, according to a report by the BBC.
Two US Marines were killed and other people were wounded on Friday at Camp Bastion in volatile Helmand province.
The attack involved rocket-propelled grenades, mortars and small-arms fire, with insurgents breaching the perimeter of Camp Bastion in volatile Helmand province, US officials said.
Last week, the Afghan Taliban said they were doing everything in their power to either kill or kidnap Queen Elizabeth's grandson in what they dubbed their ‘Harry Operations’."
On Saturday, a report by the BBC said that a Taliban spokesman had confirmed the attack at Camp Bastion had been targeting Prince Harry.
A spokesman for NATO-led forces in Afghanistan confirmed Harry was on the base at the time of the attack but was unharmed.
"Prince Harry was never in any danger," spokesman Martyn Crighton said, adding that the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) would investigate whether his presence on the base had motivated the attack.
Britain's press association said Harry, third in line to the British throne, was 2km away from the site of the attack.
Harry is undergoing the first phase of initial training at Camp Bastion.
The 27-year-old Army captain arrived in Afghanistan for his second tour and will be flying Apache helicopter missions.