Sleeping child suffocates in hot car
A two-year-old boy has died from suffocation after his parents forgot they had left him sleeping in the car.
Police in Kalba, near Fujairah, said the Emirati family had been on an outing on Saturday and arrived home at 3pm. They parked the car in the garage.
A Fujairah Police source told 7DAYS that the boy’s father and other family members got out of the car and left the child sleeping on the back seat.
Four hours later, the family realised the boy was not in the house.
“They rushed back to the vehicle and opened it only to find he was dead,” the source added. A senior police officer in Kalba said the boy suffocated because of excessive heat, with the temperature exceeding 40C.
The boy’s body was taken to hospital and police were called. A forensic report ruled out any foul play in the child’s death.
The child’s parents were questioned by officers about the incident. It is not clear whether they will face any charges.
The force urged all parents to keep a close eye on their children at all times.